Friday, March 23, 2007

Paper Writing and errata

I just finished up a paper on Johan Galtung's definitions of peace. I'd post it here for sharing purposes, but it's 2,300 words long and I think the eljay subscribers might kill me in my sleep. So, on the off chance than anyone actually wants to read 2,300 words of me babbling about peace research and peace as more than the absence of violence, email me and I'll send it to you.

In other news, the weather's taken a turn for the nice these past few days. This has raised my spirits considerably. I'm really going to miss L/Derry when we relocate, but I'm also really looking forward to Belfast, so life is good in general. And Thornton's (a chocolate shop) is going to be the death of me. The yummy, yummy death of me (they're selling ice cream now. How is that ok!?).

It turns out that Ireland Yearly Meeting is being held in a few weeks in Lisburne, so hopefully I'll be able to go and hang out with Irish Quakers. That would be really awesome, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thorntons will be the death of me, too. They'll have carry my obese corpse off in a wheelbarrow and it will be all Thornton's fault.

Have you tried their mini-eggs with the different fillings? I like the chocolate truffle one the best.

Also the chocolate-smothered Special Toffee, mmm.

Annalee said...

Their almond marzipan bars are criminally yummy. Right now, I'm working my way through:

-dark chocolate covered ginger pieces
-A plain dark chocolate bar
-A plain white chocolate bar
-a fudge bar
-A marzipan bar

...it's paper writing week. I think I'm allowed.