Sunday, March 9, 2008

Two Years On

I've been neglecting this space again.

Since everyone who reads this seems to read my livejournal as well, I'm not going to bother trying to fill in what's been going on since last I posted (I'm considering just folding this blog into my lj, but I keep telling myself I'll start posting here more, so I never actually do it). It's too long a gap to cover in one post anyway.

Today is the anniversary of Tom Fox's death. They say two years is how long you need to get over a death, but I really don't know if I'm 'over' Tom's death or not. I went over to his blog and re-read all of the kind and wonderful comments people left on his last entry. It was like watching ripples spread outward on the surface of a pond. It reminded me that the light he shined in the dark still lives on after him in the lives he touched and the young people he did so much for before he left for Iraq.

I am thankful for the things I learned from him, and for the kindness, patience, and trust he showed the Young Friends of Baltimore Yearly Meeting. He was a good man, and I'm glad that I had the chance to know him.

I don't know if that qualifies as being 'over it,' but it's probably as close as I'll ever come.

1 comment:

Uninvoked said...

I'm sorry, I didn't know him. *hug*